Saturday, March 13, 2010

STILL RAINING

Smileycons!

It is still raining here over 3inches in the last 2 days.
I have been trying to do without a dryer as ours cracked up a few months ago but today went over and brought one. We got a Heller. I did not know the brand but takes a 5k load and with the extra warranty has a 6 years warranty. For $334 we thought it was a great deal. It is drying much better then the other one and hardly any creased in the clothes. It turns one way for 10 minutes. and the changes to the other to avoid tangles. It is censored so if the cloths dry before the setting it stops to save electricity.
So far very happy with it.

I am starting to get depress even though I love the rain. The gardens and yard are a mess and will now take days to clean up. We can't do this till it fines up and no rain for a couple of days. I am starting to feel like a duck. So many little frogs have hatched out and together with the bugs make such a carouse at night.
Smileycons!Smileycons!

I have made some painted pieces that can be framed and hoping to do some work on my Seminole later tonight if I can get all my commitments done early.

These are hand painted fabric. I then painted with Lumiere paints and some strips of Christmas decorations. Organza over top and then hit with the heat gun.

Keep stitching
Delia

5 comments:

MargieAnne said...

Oh you poor thing. Constant rain is so depressing. I can't believe you are still getting so much. We are still dry with fire restrictions and some areas have water restriction too.

We are still away from home but I'm getting homesick. It's weird to be happy to be with our S.I.family but experiencing home-sickness at the same time. Fly home Tuesday so only 2 nights left here.

Delia (Del) said...

Hi MargieAnne
I can understand that as I feel the same when at our daughters. Love being there with the kids but home sick for my home at the same time. I guess we are just homely people.
You take care and good flight home
Delia

Delia (Del) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Those gorgeous pieces you've made are enough to cheer the most depressed artist up! Love them.

Delia (Del) said...

HI Carol
How are you?
Thank you and I want to do more of these little pices. Maybe even mount them on canvis and even copy and do some cards.
Delia

HELLO I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I b...