Monday, January 11, 2010

Tips for a Domestic Sewing Machine

My friend Neroli has written a great tutoral for quilting on a Domestic Sewing Machine.
I have put the first tip here for you to read.

TIPS for quilting on a Domestic Sewing Machine.
1. Make the work surface slippery! this helps the quilt to glide and means you don't have to support it's weight yourself.
There are a couple of ways to do this:

  • Use a spray like Mr Sheen liberally. I apply a few heavy coats over my entire sewing desk and leader table. I even apply it around the base of my machine being careful to apply to a rag first so it doesn't get inside the machine.
  • Tape a teflon sheet or a commercial self adhesive quilting mat to your work area. (Sew-slip is one that springs to mind). If you use teflon cut a small hole in for needle clearance.

2. Take up the weight! If your quilt is large make sure you have something to your left to take up the weight,

For the remainder of the information click the link below.

http://eiloren.blogspot.com/

No comments:

HELLO I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I b...