Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Leone and I finished the top .

Leone and I finished the top of this quilt yesterday. This quilt is for a lady whose husband passed away about 2 years ago.
The quilt is made with her husband’s shirts and some fabric that was donated for the project. My friend Margaret embodied the centre panel. Some out our Fat quarter group helped with the next two strips and Leonie and I finished the last two off yesterday. Leonie Gittens offered to digitized the beer embroidery block as I could not find one anywhere and Lyn Hallam did the four embroideries.

I spent another 3 hours pulling some of the last row strips out as there were a few too many dark or light ones in two of the strips. I will post another picture when I take it.
We had fun yesterday finishing the quilt off and now I can concentrate on some of my work today. I wonder what I will do.
Keep Stitching
Delia




2 comments:

Bern said...

Hi Del, I just wanted to say that just love the quilt that you made for the lady whose husband died. I love what you have done with the feature blocks and also the embroidery blocks.

Bye for now,

Bern in Caloundra, Q'ld

Delia (Del) said...

thank you Bern It was lovely to do.
Del

HELLO I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I b...